Monday, April 22, 2013

Living in Denial

I keep looking at the calendar and mentally acknowledging the countdown until the end of the semester. But what I fail to do is emotionally deal with the fact that I will be done with school. I keep telling myself that I'm not really done because I have an internship left... but really, at the end of the semester for all practical purposes, I'm done.
I'm in denial because I feel like I don't really know what's "next." I'm married. I have an internship set up... but I still am not sure what good my degree will come in, and that's frustrating, honestly. So, denial has cropped up.
When I face the reality that I am done, leaving, and moving on a mixture of emotions come up. Some excitement to see what God will do, but mostly fear and uncertainty because I still feel somewhat confused in the midst of it all. Fear likes to paralyze me and cause me to doubt God. It takes work to focus on God and the truth of who he is.
But in that work - in the midst of that battle - is where I find peace. I think back to what God did to get me here. I think back to his faithfulness in directing my steps along the way - of introducing Magnus and I and guiding us. And as I focus on who God is and what he's done... the fear slowly melts and trust begins to grow.
My hope and prayer is that trust will grow these last four weeks over and above the fear and that God will continue to prove himself faithful as he has through my walk with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment